Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas decorating

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I can't wait to start decorating with my family! It's a time of remembering our Lord, family time, & making many memories. Last year was Stryker's first Christmas & I know this year will be even better!



Stryker's new Santa ("ho ho" as he calls him) decoration this year. He points to it all the time, says "ho ho, on" wanting the him inflated with the snow blowing around inside. This was a good investment.


Coco gave us an early (well, very early) Christmas present. This is the new mirror for our dining room. Logan & Fletch hung it immediately. It looks great! Thank you, Coco for such a wonderful present!

We will have a total of 3 Christmas trees this year! We have a pre-lit (white lights) white Christmas tree upstairs overlooking the living room, a pre-lit (multi-colored lights) green Christmas tree downstairs in the kitchen, & a real Christmas tree (white lights) in the living room. Stryker was able to help decorate the trees this year. The white tree has all of his sports, Sesame Street, & other various ornaments. The real tree is our main Christmas tree with our navy & silver color theme. I know, I'm very OCD! We haven't been able to get the tree yet due to rainy weather. So, maybe we can go tomorrow night & pick it out.


making memories with my little guy


I have a collection of nutcrackers that are throughout the living room. As of now, I have 11. Coco gives me one each year. We still need to get Stryker a stocking holder as you can tell in the picture above.



A couple more nutcrackers beside Stryker's Santa picture from last year.


This year, I added pre-lit garland to the staircase! I love the way it lights up the room. You can see the Christmas calendar on the hallway closet door. It's another tradition from my childhood.


An overview of our living room. What a wonderful way to walk into the house! I'll post another picture when we get the real Christmas tree put by the fireplace.


Front door wreath. The theme for outside is green & red. I told you, I love having different themes in each room of the house. Crazy?! That's the type of person I am.


We sat on the stairs for a long time watching "ho ho".

No comments:

Post a Comment