Monday, November 7, 2011

Breaking the Silence: Orphans (a Sunday sermon)

On October 23rd, the Sunday sermon was part 2 in a series titled "Breaking the Silence." Orphans was the topic. Sonrise & World Vision were just two of the organizations that were present enabling our church to get involved with sponsorships or adoptions. Logan & I have been praying for something to do to honor our Baby Green #2. All during the service, our hearts were heavy thinking about our baby in Heaven.

A father to the fatherless... - Psalm 68:5

In Ephesians 1:4-6, God decided in advance to adopt us. How do you become a light in a dark world as God has called us to be? LOVE people. There is nothing special about helping orphans because it's who God has called us to be. It defines our Faith when we take care of the least of these. There are a lot of people who are concerned about orphans but very few are truly compassionate about it.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you , or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' - Matthew 25:35-40

We felt that God was leading us to sponsor a child that has the same birthday as our Baby Green #2. Stryker even helped pick the little boy's picture from a pile of children. Dickson is from Zambia & has the birthday April 9. We are so excited to have him in our lives & hope to visit him in the future. Our prayer is to show Dickson God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment