Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am truly blessed & thankful for many things in my life. God has given me more than I deserve. Logan, you are a devoted husband & father. You are a true Christian leader in our family. I appreciate you allowing me to be your wife & look forward to the future with you. Stryker, you are definitely a miracle. It's easy to take children for granted because you always hear about your friends getting pregnant & having children. But, we need to take a moment to really understand the miracle of having children. After having 2 miscarriages, I always pray for each pregnancy that I hear about. Stryker, you have changed our lives for the better. We strive to be the strong Christian role models in your life. May you grow to learn & know our Savior. Thank you Lord for allowing us to enjoy Stryker & teach him about You. May we be able to provide Stryker with a sibling one day. Coco, you have been in my life as a mom & a friend. I have learned from you what it takes to be a dedicated mother to my own child. Thank you for all that you did during my childhood & continue to do for my family now. Grandmomma, thank you for raising a wonderful man that is now my husband. I am grateful for many more (i.e. church family, our home, jobs). Thanksgiving was a different this year because we did not host the holiday festivities at our home. We decided it was best to spend the holiday with our families at their houses, but don't worry, we're still having Christmas at our home!! We spent lunch with Logan's side of the family at his granddad's house (grandmomma, Brian, Christian, Uncle Cody, Isabella, Aunt Tolli, Hunter, Austin, Uncle Paul, Aunt Sheila, pawpaw).


Family pic by the barn



Stryker & pawpaw

grandmomma brought an inflatable for Stryker to enjoy (he jumped in it for hours!)


Logan took Stryker on his first 4 wheeler ride! He loved it!!! It kept wanting Logan to drive faster & laughed so hard every time they hit a bump! What a fun experience. Can't wait for us to get 4 wheelers to ride as a family...one day.


My 4 wheeling boys


yummy Thanksgiving lunch


Stryker enjoyed playing in the leaves that we piled up in the yard. He would grab a big armful & throw them in the air. Or, dump them on Aunt Tolli's head as you can see above! What kid doesn't like leaves?!


Stryker wanted to rake the leaves himself.


getting ready to throw them up in the air


Stryker not only wore himself out but also Isabella.


That afternoon, we went to Coco's house. Stryker played with Fletch & Coco before we headed to the movies. Coco bought us all tickets to see the "Muppets" movie. We weren't sure how long Stryker would last due to his over-active self, but he ended up staying for almost an hour. He sat in Logan's lap while chowing down on some popcorn. After each preview, he would say "wooooo" with wide eyes! I think he was amazed at our big the "tv" was! I'm pretty sure our little boy ate 1/3 of a medium popcorn.


Stryker couldn't eat enough of Coco's famous chocolate cake! Definitely got his love of chocolate from daddy & Coco!


Stryker showing Coco how the ice cream maker works.






Stryker first 4 wheeler ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment