Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stryker funnies

Stryker is becoming quite the character. This post could be a mile long but I will save you from each funny moment. It is getting difficult at times when we are trying to teach him a lesson or punish him because he makes us laugh. We are in for it!

1. Stryker was heading upstairs with hands full of toys. He turned to daddy & said, "Daddy, I wish God would give me more hands." Logan asked him why. Stryker said, "So I can carry all of this. But I only need 2 more!"

2. Tuesday morning following the tornadoes that ravaged the state: Stryker looked out our bedroom window & asked me why our fence was on the ground. I told him because of the storms the night before. After getting Stryker & Lake dressed, we headed outside to play. Our neighbors' tree in the front yard was down. Stryker ran over & tried to lift it. He turned to me & said, "This is a mess, mom. We need to clean it up. Can you help me lift this tree up?" I tried to explain to him that the tree would not be able to live & needed to be replaced. Our neighbor was talking to someone driving by when Stryker said, "Is Mr. Chuck asking that guy to come help us put this tree back up?"

3. After putting Lake to sleep, I headed downstairs to say good night to Stryker before Logan took him to bed. We sat on the bottom step talking for a few minutes. I told him that we hated to spank him & put him in time out - therefore, please start listening to us. He shook his head in agreement. I asked him, "Stryker, do you remember what obey means?" Stryker: "Yes, ma'am. It means I have to listen to momma & daddy. You have to try, momma. You have to try to teach me." Mom: "I really am trying. That's why you get in trouble when you do not listen." Stryker: "It's not working, momma. You have to try harder. You have to try harder to teach me."

4. Sitting at the dinner table while eating pizza
Mom: "Stryker, you have to eat that whole piece in order to get a dessert when Lake goes to sleep."
Stryker: "The whole piece? Ok"
Mom: "You can pick what dessert you would like."
Stryker: "Momma, even if I don't eat the whole piece, I can still get a dessert. Ok, momma." - shaking his head yes while looking at me

5. driving around Doss Ferry (Coco's neighborhood) in Kimberly after the tornado
Stryker: "Oh no! There are so many houses broken...broken like a pancake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment