Saturday, May 31, 2014

End of the school year parties

Since having Fridays off, I had the opportunity to be with Stryker & LakeLynn as they enjoyed their end of the year parties at school. Upon arriving, Stryker was outside with his class jumping in the inflatables. Stryker ran up to me showing me his "boo boo". Ms. Pam informed me that he sprinted to be the first child through the caterpillar inflatable obstable course & tripped over the power cord. Always striving to be in the lead! My heart melted as he was climbing up a wall in the caterpillar with a friend when he yelled to me, "hey!" His buddy asked who I was & Stryker answered, "that's my mom!" Yes, it was a proud moment since he has not gotten to the age that he is embarrassed of me. As he class walked to his room, I visited Lake's class on the playground. Her teachers were spraying the children with water to keep them cool. I returned to Stryker's class in time to head back outside for a picnic. One of the dads told me that he absolutely loved Stryker's name & that was a "real man's name!" We agree that Stryker is a tough name. The picnic was under trees which provided a nice shaded area. Stryker sat in my lap some of the time while he ate. After lunch, the children ran in the grass followed by a quick class picture. When we returned to his classroom, we began an ice cream sundae party. The class decided on what toppings were necessary for the vanilla & chocolate ice cream: chocolate, strawberry, caramel syrup; strawberries & blueberries; chocolate chips; brownies; cherries; cool whip; sprinkles; bananas. I enjoyed being able to help the other parents pass out the toppings. The parties were wonderful! It was a bittersweet day knowing my children will be changing teachers for the summer. Thank you to all of my children's teachers.

After a morning full of partying, we surprised daddy at work! Lake enjoyed sitting at daddy's desk drawing before Stryker & Lake drove a forklift. Our next stop was a visit with the pediatrician. I would definitely say this was a full day.


No comments:

Post a Comment