Wednesday, September 5, 2012

LakeLynn update

Oh where do I begin? This pregnancy has kept up with the fact that girls bring drama. Our pregnancies are definitely a roller coaster event. If I can remember correctly, the last post about our baby girl was regarding the 4D ultrasound. I am continuing the weekly progesterone injections. A week ago caused another bump in the road. On Wednesday (August 29th), I was able to receive my injection & hear her wonderful heart beat! Stryker went with me since I was off work. This was the first time he had really been to an appointment regarding his sister. He sat quietly playing on my phone which amazed me. As soon as the nurse located LakeLynn's heart beat, Stryker jumped up, ran over with a huge grin, saying "I hear baby Lake!" Completely melted my heart. The rest of the day was filled with him talking about baby Lake. I was also able to enjoy taking him to his second dentist appt. I say enjoyed, but it was pitiful how he fought getting his teeth checked. The next day started out normal with me going to work but things suddenly took a turn...

I texted my doctor that morning due to the following: low back pain that had progressed over past 3 days, increased cramping & becoming almost consistent, & less than 6/hr contractions but more intense. the cramping & low back pain was now waking me up at night. I informed him that nothing was easing the symptoms (massage, heat, positional changes, hydration, or bath tub). He suggested that I come in for evaluation. Upon examination, a slight thinning & dilation (< 1 cm) was present. He advised us to begin the steroid shots to help promote her lung development. There was definitely no question. We quickly agreed since we knew the shots helped Stryker so much. After the first of two shots, I was told to go home & rest. I could work he next day only as a secretary. Friday (August 31st) brought yet another surprise. I began spotting about an hour prior to getting the second steroid shot. The on call doctor suggested I come in again. Upon examination, she noted no changes from the day before but wanted to perform an FFN test. She also instructed me to go home on "modified" bed rest until I saw my doctor again on Tuesday. I was able to know the test results that night which were positive. This did not make me that concerned since more confidence is put on a negative test. But, a part of me knew I had never had a positive test with Stryker. The weekend came & went with some bad episodes of symptoms.

Tuesday (September 4th) was our next scheduled appt. Thank goodness no examination required. We discussed that I needed to remain cautious but that I could work only 1/2 days. Later, I would find out that my work wouldn't allow this so it's off work for me. We will return to the doctor on Tuesday (September 11th) for a sonogram to measure & check on baby girl. We are truly so close (if we could make it another couple of weeks). All I can do is pray for our daughter in her health. This has been a long emotional journey & it's not over yet. I will continue to pray until her arrival & can hold her in my arms seeing firsthand that's she is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment