Monday, December 12, 2011

It's been a long week...

This past week was filled with Strker having what we thought was only strep throat. Unfortunately, our poor little boy developed a viral infection along with his strep throat. How did it all begin? Well, Stryker seemed very calm for his hyper self Sunday afternoon. I received a call Monday morning from his school (around 10am) saying that he had a 102.7 degree fever. Coco got him from school & met Logan at the pediatrician's office. He was quickly diagnosed with strep throat. The pediatrician informed us that his throat looked horrible & was a bad case. Stryker was given his first shot of penicillin in his thigh. Logan said he didn't do very well with that shot since the medicine goes in slowly due to the thickness. We thought he was getting better but then he began vomiting Tuesday night (grandmomma kept him Tuesday). After 3 episodes of vomiting, we rushed him to Children's ER. On the ride to the hospital, Logan told me that his stomach was cramping. We assumed it was his stomach ulcer acting up. Oh were we wrong. He ended up vomiting himself several times & running a fever. I sent him home to bed & called Coco to take us home. I spent all night & the early morning in the ER with my sick little boy all while calling Logan to keep him updated on Stryker & to keep me updated on how he was doing. My two guys were really sick. The ER informed us that Stryker had a viral infection on top of the strep throat causing vomiting & high fevers (his fever reached 103 degrees at the ER). I took Wednesday off work to care for my guys. Thankfully, I dodged the sickness so that I could care for my family.


my sick little boy



such pitiful eyes


Not only did the sickness hit Stryker, but so did the snowman stocking holder. Let me explain. Stryker got a surge of energy later in the week & decided to take some batting practice a little close to the fireplace where we have our Christmas stockings hung. He took a swing & his bat got caught in his stocking. It knocked it over causing his stocking holder to hit the ground but not without knocking him in the face! His battle scars included a scratch on his forehead, bloody nose, cut on top of his nose, & a gash next to his right eye. I do watch my child but things can always happen with a boy!

he's still smiling though






1 comment:

  1. Poor Stryker. I bet that stocking holder hurt! I'm sorry he's felt so rough and hope he's 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete