Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: New Beginnings

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:34

Happy New Year from our family to yours. May God bring each one of us closer to Him in the coming year. The above verses are my daily prayers. As I reflect on this past year, many heartaches come to mind but I am quickly reminded of God's hands in each trial. 2012 has included ups & downs for our family just like anyone else. Unfortunately, that is how life is but through our faith we have learned to trust in Him & know this trial is only temporary. Our year in review goes something like this (I'm sure I'll miss things)...

February:
•our little Stryker became a 2 year old with a Sesame Street party (the last one for him at our house)
March:
•Boone, NC ski trip with Logan's family (sick majority of trip because of pregnancy)
•long anticipated announcement of our pregnancy after our 2 miscarriages on the 19th (9 wks & 2 days)
April:
•Logan's 33rd birthday (glad I can keep you young, old man!)
•9th was the due date of our second child
•Easter celebration
May:
•front landscape project (thanks hubs)
•found out unexpectedly on the 12th we were having a precious baby girl
•Mother's Day celebration
•SEC baseball tourny
•Logan's dad decoration
June:
•halfway through pregnancy
•Oak Mtn State park adventure
•Lucy's birthday party
•Father's Day celebration
•Courtney's 29th birthday
July:
•Fourth of July
August:
•Summer Olympics (thankful for DVR & TV's at work!)
•baby shower from coworkers at Med West
September:
•taken off work due to pregnancy
•Grandparents' Day celebration
•baby shower from friends
•LakeLynn Koda Green's early arrival followed by a short NICU stay
•6 year wedding anniversary
October:
•Coco's birthday
•Halloween
•grandmother's birthday
November:
•resigned from Med West
•Thanksgiving
December:
•month long Christmas celebration
Throughout the year:
•special family time & memories made
•I actually began cooking the majority of the time to save money
•deep cleaned the house (with the help of Coco)
•Logan's career changes
•numerous counseling sessions & doctor appointments
•read the Bible completely through!

I apologize for the long list (rambling) but I wanted to hit the highlights. The list makes me realize how fortunate I am & to see how God has played out in our lives through trials & triumphs. This past Sunday our pastor spoke a little about making goals for the new year. I have never made new year's resolutions even though I am a very goal-oriented person who tends to always set my standard too high but ALWAYS bound & determined to reach them. I am going to ponder on a few goals & actually write them in a post this week. I plan on setting both spiritual & physical goals.

I am writing this blog on New Year's night on my phone in the dark while everyone sleeps. Tomorrow marks the end of my maternity leave & the beginning of my new job as a PT at Cullman Regional Medical Center. I am both excited & sad. Excited because I know this is where God has led me & my family but sad because I will be leaving behind what I was comfortable with (Med West job, house in Gardendale when it sells, etc). Thankfully, I will not have to change doctor or counselor because we won't be moving too far away. They have played such a huge role in our family's life this year & there would not be any way we could find other professionals that knows as much or trusted more. Logan will begin his new job at Expo Designs on Monday. LakeLynn will start daycare tomorrow at the same place as Stryker. Praying all this transition & the new year brings us closer to our Lord in everything He has planned for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment