Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weekends are priceless

My first full week as a PT has come & gone. I still consider Trinity a good decision. Coco kept Stryker at the house on both Monday & Thursday while grandmomma kept him at the house on Friday. He had his first experience at daycare - The Learning Express in Bessemer which is only about 2 minutes from our house. Tuesday was extremely hard on me. Leaving him at daycare was not easy. All the staff members were crazy about Stryker but knew I was a first time mom. Yes, I have to admit, there were some tears. You never know how you'll react. I called Logan & Coco on my way to work just to hear encouragement. I felt as though I was just abandoning him. The daycare staff were called every chance I got to check in on my baby boy. When Logan picked him up that afternoon, they gave us a sheet with all the details of Stryker's day. We enjoyed reading it together that night. We laughed when they showed how little he slept. All of this made it a little easier on Wednesday. Being gone to work during the week has made the weekends priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment