Sunday, February 21, 2010

Charles-Stryker Holden Green

Monday, Feb. 15th 2010: Happy Birthday Stryker!

We've awaited his arrival for some time now even though the original due date was March 9th. I went on bedrest at 30 wks (2 wks on bedrest at Brookwood Hospital & 4 wks on bedrest at home). On Sunday, Feb. 14th (Valentine's Day), I woke Logan from his sleep around 10:30pm insisting he call Dr. Adcock because I was having painful contractions. Logan, my mom (Coco), & I arrived at Brookwood Hospital around 11:30pm in which nurses informed us that I was in labor but my contractions were not effective. I was still at 3 cm dilated & 90% effaced at this time. I progressed fairly fast with labor. Stryker was born at 2:01pm on Monday, Feb. 15th. He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz & 20 in long. God has blessed our family with a wonderful little boy! Stryker will be able to say that it actually snowed on the night of his birthday in Alabama. We came home with our new addition on Wednesday afternoon. Before leaving the hospital, a photographer from The Birmingham News took pictures of our new family for an article being published on Thursday. Logan & Stryker made the front page! So proud of the two amazing guys in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment