Monday, September 30, 2013

7 yr wedding anniversary kick-off

Happy 7 Year Wedding Anniversary!!! I was blessed 7 years ago on Sept. 19th, 2006 to marry my best friend who has been my rock. What did my hubs surprise me with on Friday after work (I only work 1/2 day on Fridays so we had the rest of the day)? Golf, of course!!! My hubs should win hubby of the year with a perfect surprise like that. I know, other husbands are jealous that Logan has a wife who has a passion for golf & would rather play than enjoy a boring day of shopping! Logan arranged Coco to pick the kiddos up from school so we could play a round at Vestavia Country Club before heading to dinner. I haven't been able to play a complete round of golf in close to 4 years due to pregnancies & work obligations. But, I've still got it! Beat hubs by 7 strokes. I shot 80 with #2-9 being pars. I missed driving 2 greens (par 4s) by less than 25 ft & missed an eagle (par 5) by inches - picture below. We had a great time being together (yes, we actually rode in the same cart). Logan was given his gift - 2 Nike pants & a golf shirt - before leaving the course. The Cheesecake Factory was our choice for dinner since we were starving & the close proximity. The weather was cool so we sat outside on the patio. It was different to eat a meal by ourselves without kiddos allowing us to look at one another & have a conversation. We stuffed our tummies & then headed for a walk around the Summit. Our fun gift was buying an iron (ours broke & I have to iron everything), a humidifier for Stryker's room, & a bed skirt. What fun anniversary gifts! Logan wanted to take me to Dick's Sporting Goods so I could pick out a running outfit but I opted to get back home to the kiddos. I missed them & wanted to put them to sleep. Thank you Coco for allowing us the opportunity to celebrate our anniversary early. Side note: we celebrated early because Stryker had soccer pics & game Saturday morning, Ole Miss vs AL football game Saturday night, church & Pampered Chef party Sunday afternoon. Logan, I greatly appreciate all you have done for our family. You have blessed me these past 7 years & I look forward to many more years together. Love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment