Monday, August 6, 2012

Fun with friends

Saturday afternoon we enjoyed some much needed friend time. Nick & Stacy along with their daughter Lucy (only a few months younger than Stryker) invited us to their new house! Nick & Logan kept the kids entertained while we went shopping for our daughters. For anyone who truly knows me, I took Stacy because I'm not a good shopper. That's what Logan, Coco, & other friends are for, right?! I introduced Stacy to Wee-Peat, a consignment store on 280. About 3 wks ago, I dropped off a huge rubbermaid bin full of Stryker's clothes, shoes, etc. I was surprised to find out that my account had $44 which is after the one-time $10 consignment seller fee!! I was able to buy a bag full of clothes for LakeLynn & Stryker, paying only $3 after using my store credit! Now, I was very proud of myself. Stacy then introduced me to Forever Young on 280. Her mom knows the owners & had heard they were getting rid of their store in order to participate only in shows. They are only open 2 more wks so hurry out there to check them out. I found Stryker a shirt (~40% off) & 2 water bottles ($1 each). LakeLynn got a Dr. Brown's bottle (50cents), an outfit (50% off), & a t-shirt ($7). Pretty proud of myself again. Thank you Stacy for the hooded towel/blanket for LakeLynn as well as the bag of Lucy's clothes you let me borrow for LakeLynn! We headed back to Stacy's house while we were ahead! Stryker & Lucy had already gone swimming, watched a movie (part of one thanks to my hyper son), eaten a snack, & played inside. Stacy made some yummy dip (pinterest recipe). Nick grilled hamburgers & hot dogs. After an early dinner, we ate homemade ice cream (another pinterest recipe). Lucy was already asleep on the couch by the time we left. Stryker fell asleep for maybe 20 min on the way home but was wide awake until about 10pm. That boy has so much energy! I'm thankful to have friends like the Hellands & that our children play so well together.


Lucy & Stryker eating snacks during the movie


Pool time!


Lucy teaching Stryker how to care for a baby

No comments:

Post a Comment