Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Song Review

Previous posts have included song lyrics that mean something to me at that moment in my life. I've decided to begin weekly posts (or whenever a song's lyrics effect me) describing a particular song. Hope you enjoy them.

"Scars" by Jonny Diaz
Praise God we don't have to hide scars. They just strengthen our wounds, and they soften our hearts. They remind us of where we have been, but not who we are. So praise God, praise God we don't have to hide scars. There once was a King who so burdened with grief, walked into death so that we could find peace. He rose up with scars on his hands and his feet. By them we are healed, by them we are healed.

This song reminds me of how we commonly get defined by our past (scars). God did not intend on this to be the case. He died for our sins. We need Him to overcome all things (scars) & move forward into our Christian walk. I think back to my past which have left scars but do not define me but have allowed me to use them as a ministry. For example, parent's divorce, car wreck, & our 2 miscarriages. Everyone will experience an event in their life that wants to define them causing hidden secrets of the past. Instead, I encourage you to use them to minister to others. You can bring hope to someone that may be headed down the same path as you. 


"He Said" by Group 1 Crew
So your life feels like it don't make sense. And you think to yourself, "I'm a good person, so why do these things keep happening?" Why you gotta deal with them. You may be knocked down now, but don't forget what He said, He said. "I won't give you more than you can take. And I might let you bend but I won't let you break. And know, I'll never, ever let you go." Don't forget what He said, He said. Who you are ain't what you're going through. So don't let it get the best of you. Cause God knows everything you need. You may be knocked down now, but just believe what He said. He said, "I won't give you more than you can take. And I might let you bend but I won't let you break. And know, I'll never, ever let you go." Don't forget what He said. Don't fear when you go through fire. Hang on when it's down to the wire. Stand tall and remember what He said.

These lyrics stand alone. God never promised us an easy life. So true, so true. But one thing we definitely can rely on is our faith in Him. He is always with us, carrying us through every situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment