Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Front Yard Landscape Project (almost finished)

Saturday was landscape project day! We've been wanting to redesign our front yard ever since we moved in but lack of time & money did not allow us to do it until now. I set a budget which Logan followed almost perfectly & he designed the yard. All the stone/block & plants/flowers were delivered on Friday afternoon. We were up early Saturday morning to get things started. I was excited but couldn't help Logan very much (more of him not wanting me to do too much). My work mainly consisted of hauling off the old shrubbery, picking up trash in the yard, sweeping off concrete & wall, spreading mulch, & watering the newly planted plants/flowers. Well, I have to admit that I also took a short nap on our front porch swing (a pregnant woman needs her rest is what I've always been told) & tanned in the hot sunshine (this prego didn't last long in the hot sun without a swimming pool). We enjoyed completely this project as a family & appreciate our neighbors helping for awhile. Logan made sure to tell me how this project was Mother's Day & Father's Day this year! I'm okay with that. I love my new front yard & blessed to have such a talented/hard working husband. I'll post pictures after it's completely finished. Left on the list: cut & glue the stone wall, plant a few flowers in the very front of the new flower bed, & use the remaining stone to build around the 3 wooden porch posts (about 4 foot high).


Front yard before


Stryker helping daddy spread the top soil


hard working boy


potty training during the summer consists of peeing outside!


Logan was placing the second layer of stone on the wall so Stryker decided to help finish by placing chipped pieces on the stone for his second layer! As you can see, he only put one piece per bottom stone. Smart boy!


playing in the top soil


Logan deciding where to place the plants/flowers


Planting finished! Stryker kept trying to pull them out.


Austin (neighbor) carrying Stryker in the wheelbarrow.


Such a handsome little guy


Black mulch finished!


Looking good


Finished product (well, almost)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment