Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!!

Yes, it's a GIRL!!!! We had a scheduled doctor's appointment on Tuesday, May 8th to begin our weekly progesterone injections. The nurse quickly found baby's heart beat (158 bpm) since we immediately told her to check low. Another nurse entered the room to give me my first injection & teach Logan. After the shot, Logan came over to me. He held my hands while telling me that he just couldn't give me the shots, unless there was no one else. He continued stating how he couldn't hurt me like that. The shot was uncomfortable but not anything like I had expected. Not sure if it was because I was nervous or the fact that I knew this was what our baby needed. I kept reminding myself what all I had to endure with Stryker, especially the shots/medicine while on bedrest in the hospital. At the end of our appointment, we spoke with Dr. Adcock. I informed him that cramping had developed since restrictions were removed & they were worse on days that I had to work in the hospital. He didn't seem concerned but wanted to make sure there had not been any changes in my cervix. We were then sent for an unscheduled ultrasound. We were excited to get the opportunity to see baby again since it had been awhile. Note: our appointment to find out baby's sex was not until May 29th. The ultrasound tech was the same one who has been with us the majority of the time. Everything checked out perfect! She then preceded to ask when we would be finding out the sex. After telling her 3 more weeks, she told us that we shouldn't have to wait that long after all that we had been through since August. She told me to lie down & we would see if baby would cooperate. Are you serious?! Yes, we would love that! I couldn't thank her enough. What a sweet gesture. Now, we needed baby to behave. As soon as the ultrasound head touched my belly, baby Green kicked & hit it. We all laughed saying Stryker did the same thing. Baby was also active, just like Stryker. The first time we saw baby's full frontal view, she waved almost as though she was telling us "Hi, mom & dad. I'm okay." God always knows what we need. Such comfort. Baby cooperated & we were told, 
IT'S A GIRL!!!!
I do have to say that Logan & Stryker were correct. They kept saying it was a girl. I didn't have a feeling. I'm sure it was because I wouldn't allow myself to truly dream about this baby. We're extremely excited & blessed to be welcoming another child. It will be fun having a son & a daughter. Since we were wanting our mothers to be present on the May 29th appointment (like they were with Stryker), we didn't have any plans to use on the surprise of today. We quickly called our mothers to invite them for dinner. Remember, it's only an hour before they all get off work. So we had to plan fast. Logan grabbed BBQ & cupcakes on the way home while I picked Stryker up from school. I was so excited to tell our families about the new addition. Coco, Fletch, Brian, grandmomma, & our neighbors (Chuck & Lisa) came for the big surprise. They didn't know why they were coming but were ready for any news.


The girl group: Brian, grandmomma, & Lisa


The boy group: Coco, Chuck, & Fletch


Revealing the secret to our moms!


Yummy strawberry cupcakes from Savage's


Proud parents


Our precious baby girl, LakeLynn!

One of my friends from high school told me something about this ultrasound picture. If you look at the bottom left hand corner above (under LakeLynn's bottom), you will see some dark white areas. It is shaped like hands - God's hands! God is showing us that He is always there. He is protecting our baby girl through this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment