Friday, October 7, 2011

Devotion #13

Sometimes I think that I'm coping with my loss fine until a person, place, thing, or event triggers a sensitive spot inside of me. I try to excuse my silence or rationalize my anger, but my heartache keeps getting worse, occasionally keeping me awake at night. It seems as thought I'm running into more & more pregnant women. "God, I really don't need a constant reminder" - thoughts that fill my mind. I know He is not playing a mean joke or trying to always give me a reminder but I catch myself asking Him so many questions. Seeing an abundant amount of pregnant women is just me being more observant because of my loss. Pregnancy & birth is always a miracle. No matter if the pregnancy/labor went smoothly or there were complications, it is still a miracle. I've always felt this way, but I definitely understand it more deeply after Stryker & our miscarriage. Ever since Stryker was born, I've said a short silent prayer when I see someone pregnant (asking for a smooth pregnancy) or when I see a newborn (thanking God for a wonderful miracle).

Our doctor played a significant role in our loss experience. Dr. Adcock & the other medical staff has influenced our family during our struggle at the end of our pregnancy with Stryker as well as during this miscarriage. I truly thank God for leading us to meeting Dr. Adcock so that we would have faith in our care. You should thank God for how He used your doctor if you experience a difficult pregnancy or miscarriage. It reminds us that He is in control with every aspect of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment