Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Devotion #12

Sunday was the third part of "At the Movies" series at church. We are Marshall was the focus. Thank you, Pastor Andy for the sermon on adversity. I really needed it to prepare for this week. I thought I was doing well until yesterday when there were several things that sparked a reminder of our miscarriage. I did a lot of praying last night for strength & peace from God. I guess it showed me that I still need time to heal & there will still be difficult days. Grief is a process.

The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death. - Isaiah 57:1-2


This Bible verse spoke to me during church. I don't understand why this happened to our innocent baby, but I should be comforted knowing that God spared our baby from evil. We don't know why this happened or the cause, but we know without a doubt that God has a plan for our lives & our baby's life. Baby Green #2, we love you & will see you in Heaven one day.


"God takes the place of Mom & Dad. He's the best parent a child could have. Don't worry about the children, Jesus has a rocking chair..." This is a good quote from the book. It reminds me that God is caring for our baby until we get to Heaven. We are all children of God.

Lord, am I suppose to hurt this much? My arms ache to hold and rock my baby. I miss my precious baby. Will my life's song always be so sad? Meet me where I am today and encourage me with Your truth. You are my song of hope. It's comforting to imagine that You could be holding my child in Your arms. Right now, I need You to hold me. Wrap Your arms of peace around me and rock away my fears. Put a new song in my mouth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment