Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Last day at The Learning Express


Logan & I would love to express our sincere gratitude for the care provided to Stryker 2 days/wk. The Learning Express daycare in Bessemer (off Morgan Road) has compassionate infant room teachers. Even though there were other babies in the room, they all made Stryker feel special. I dropped off Stryker in the mornings while Logan picked him up in the afternoon. I always said that was a little unfair b/c I was the bad guy leaving him & he was the good guy picking him up! When I dropped Stryker off for his second day (& the rest of the times), he would kick & get so excited about being at daycare. It broke my heart...making me feel as though he was not sad or going to miss me. But Logan quickly told me that we would rather him be happy while staying there than hating it. Guess, he's right. Mrs. Angela would be the first face he saw in the infant room. She would run to get him out of my arms. Stryker's big toothless grin would prove his excitement. Mrs. Angela would turn on music & want to dance. On our last morning, I got a picture of the Stryker & Mrs. Angela. She cried. Stryker kept looking at her trying to figure out why she was sad. She told me that Stryker would be held all morning b/c it was his last day. Mrs. Angela asked me if we really had to pull him out, saying Gardendale was not that far away! She wanted to make sure the new daycare was knowledgeable about his interests: dancing, playing on tummy time, & how he needs to be spoiled. I will always remember Mrs. Angela saying "you're getting too big, you need to stop that growing" every morning. We will definitely keep in touch. Again, thank you for all your love & support for our little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment