Sunday, June 20, 2010

Uncle Cody & Aunt Loren's wedding weekend

We're going to the chapel for a wedding! Stryker's Uncle Cody (Logan's brother) & Aunt Loren Ashbaugh (Cody's fiance) got married. Logan was the best man while I was a bridesmaid. Logan took off work Friday to help with best man duties. Stryker & I met Logan that afternoon for the rehearsal. The wedding party met for rehearsal at the church followed by a country cookout of ribs & chicken at Cody & Loren's house in Springville. Logan was emotional giving his speech to the bride & groom. He was so proud of his joke regarding, "the Green boys can't make up their minds & end up marrying their first loves." Logan & I dated while I was in high school. We re-united after 5 1/2 yrs of not seeing or speaking to each other & married. Cody & Loren have a similar story. They dated in high school, then re-united few yrs later, & married. A band played some great music outside on the deck. It was a laid-back, casual rehearsal dinner. The next day, June 19th, was the wedding day. We met the wedding party for pictures at Heritage Country Club in Oneonta early that afternoon. We were skeptical with a young child due to the thunderstorm that came through that morning, but the day turned out to be a little cooler & sunny. The wedding was held at Union Hill Baptist Church in Oneonta at 5:30pm. During the ceremony, memories from our marriage kept running through my mind. I had the best looking boys in the wedding (if I say so myself)! After the wedding, we loaded up to head to Heritage Country Club for the reception. It was a long 2 days but worth it.

Our family at the reception

Stryker with his cousin Hunter Dickie

We make the cutest family!



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! You guys look very cute together. My sister just had a baby and she is going to be the cutest family on my wedding. I was just looking for some nice wedding venues Los Angeles online. I am very excited to marry the love of my life who is also my childhood best friend.

    ReplyDelete