Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Blood everywhere


March 20th, only 1 week after Cutter was discharged from the NICU, we experienced a trauma...
this time it was LakeLynn.

It was the first warmer day since Cutter has been home, so I decided to let the kiddos ride their bikes at Coco's house & go to the park in her subdivision. Cutter was just put in the stroller when I heard a scream from Lake (she was riding a mini 4 wheeler that use to be Stryker's). Coco was running towards her when I spotted Lake getting off of the toy with blood all over her face. She was in the middle of a neighbor's front yard. Long story short, we threw everyone in the car & Coco held pressure on Lake's forehead until we got to Children's Hospital. Coco stayed in the car with Cutter & Stryker. Stryker was crying because he was so worried about Lake. I wondered why everyone was staring at us & then quickly realized that I had blood all over me from caring for Lake. After 30 min of waiting without being triaged, front desk saying it would be another hour possibly, & Lake's forehead continuing to bleed even with pressure, I left & met Logan in the parking lot for him to take her to St. Vincent's ER. Due to Lake's bleeding, headache, & vomiting after injury, she was triaged, cleaned, evaluated, glued, & back at home within 2 hours! Appreciate St. Vincent's faster service for my daughter.

Never a dull moment in the Green family!




No comments:

Post a Comment