Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day weekend 2013

Mother's Day was celebrated throughout the weekend for our family. It began when I received a handmade hanger from Stryker as I picked him up from school. His hand print was centered on the canvas with following words "A child's hand touches a mother's heart...forever!" Of course, he opened it for me & told me how he made it. We met daddy at home to enjoy the rest of the afternoon outside swinging, running around, & playing on the front porch. Then, it was off to meet grandmommy & her crew for dinner at the Crazy Horse. It was absolutely delicious! There, I received a little bird house that Stryker had painted for me & a potted plant decorated with Lake's fingerprints as well as a charm necklace that resembled special moments in our marriage thus far. Appreciated the thoughtfulness grandmommy. Saturday morning Coco came for an all day adventure! Logan was suppose to be at a fishing tournament which was canceled so he stayed home getting some house things done (easier to finish when kiddos are not around). We were off to the Zoo!!! Even though we arrived family early, there were a fair amount of cars in the parking lot. As I drove into the gate, Stryker yelled from the back seat, "oh no, we're late!" He thought we were late because all the cars were already there! Love how his mind works! The weather was perfect for an outdoor zoo safari. Stryker was telling Coco all about the different areas. Guess he's an expert now. After the zoo, we headed to the Leeds outlet mall. Coco already gave me several bright colored belts for Mother's day but she wanted to get me some clothes for the summer. When I came out of the dressing room in a new outfit, Stryker held his arms out in my direction saying "look at my mommy, she's so pretty!" He sure knows how to make my heart melt. I love my new clothes & belts. Thank you so much Coco!!! I'm fortunate to have a mom who keeps me in style! Did I mention how blessed I am to have a mom like her. You are a best friend, wonderful mom, beautiful woman, good role model, smart person, & fun Coco for my kiddos. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment