Wednesday, July 18, 2012

LakeLynn update

On Tuesday, July 10th (25 wks & 3 days), I received my weekly progesterone injection. Feeling good & knowing grandmomma was watching Stryker, I went to get my hair chopped off! I made it home, relaxed, & anxiously waiting to show Logan my hair. Logan made it home about an hour later (yes, he loved my hair cut). Around 7pm, I decided to take a shower. I began to feel a sharp pain in right side of my low back immediately after my shower. I quickly made it to the couch with Logan & Stryker playing in the living room. Logan got me water to gulp down as I lie on my left side. The pain began to ease but still uncomfortable. Logan took the dogs outside for a few minutes. Upon his return, he found me in the fetal position on the floor with Stryker rubbing my head (such a sweet boy). Logan panicked & notified our doctor who was thankfully on call that night. He told us to make our way to the hospital. Coco met us there while grandmomma was on her way to take Stryker back to our house for the night. Long story short, a kidney stone was suspected but apparently ruled out later. Pain medicine was prescribed reluctantly (yes, I was lectured all the way home by Logan about being stubborn). I also received a brethine shot in my right tricep, a drug to stop contractions that I received while on bed rest with Stryker in the hospital, due to contractions that began while on the monitor. We finally left the hospital around 11pm with contractions that were barely felt (I think I got use to the mild contractions  with Stryker). Currently, I am taking procardia 4x/day to help slow contractions & hopefully prevent any progression. Contractions continue with a more defined beginning & ending than on Tuesday. The contractions increase in the afternoon which is exactly what happened with Stryker. We return to the doctor on August 1st for our visit (28 wks & 4 days) & glucose test. Praying for us to not have another episode & for our next visit to show no progression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment