Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another LakeLynn update

As noted in a previous post, I was placed on procardia to help slow contractions. Unfortunately, this was not the case. My fear of whether the contractions were causing changes increased due to the increasing intensity & frequency of my contractions especially in the afternoon/night. My doctor nicely re-assured me on Friday that he understood my concern but would not know without examining me. Staying off my feet, hydrating as much as possible, & taking the procardia were my orders from him over the weekend followed by an appointment Monday morning. Yes, I did very well staying off my feet & following doctor's orders. Remember, I'm trying to be a better patient! Anyway, Monday morning's (July 23rd) appointment was scheduled for 10am. I was anxious to know if there had been any changes so I could relax a little. The exam showed no change!!!!! Praise God! LakeLynn is still sitting higher than Stryker. Way to go baby girl! This is such a relief since Stryker was always so low. Now, she just needs to stay there. After some discussion, I was taken off procardia & put on brethine. This is another medication that I received while on hospital bed rest with Stryker as well as 1 injection that I received couple of weeks ago with LakeLynn. At least, it's oral form & not another shot. The only bad side effect is shakiness. It makes my whole body shaky. But, I will never complain about side effects of medications as long as it keeps us out of the hospital & off bed rest. I was still instructed to rest & hydrate as much as I can. We will return to my doctor on August 1st (Wednesday) for an ultrasound to measure the cervix length. If there has been any changes, then bed rest might be imminent. Currently (after 3 doses of brethine), I have already noticed decreased frequency & intensity of contractions. Praying this medicine continues to do its job. No matter what obstacles lie ahead in this pregnancy, it will all be worth it when we hold our baby girl in our arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment