Monday, March 19, 2012

Long anticipated announcement!

Our family would love to announce we'll be expecting another baby in October!! After our 2 miscarriages, we decided it was best to wait to announce our pregnancy after the most critical stage was over. 9 wks & 2 days today!!!! There are not any words to best describe the gratitude we have right now during this pregnancy. It has been a long 8 months with a variety of emotions. Since August, we've experienced 3 pregnancies, 2 miscarriages, & numerous ups/downs along the way. Some special people in my life deserve a huge thank you for supporting our family (especially me) during this time.

1. Logan - You have been my rock throughout this whole process. You have truly shown how to be a supportive, Christian husband. We're now able to celebrate this new life that we'll welcome towards the end of the year. Can't wait for our family of 3 to be a family of 4!

2. Stryker - Even though you're only 2 years old, you never missed a chance to make me smile or laugh. You would brighten anyone's day!

3. Coco - You have been extremely helpful for encouraging me & now with housework or keeping Stryker during my time of restrictions with this pregnancy. With Logan working long hours, he's better knowing someone is with me.

4. Dr. Adcock - Anyone can tell in previous posts how much our doctor means to our family. Your persistence, knowledge, faith/prayers, encouragement, & guidance are appreciated more than you will ever know. Thank you for all of your continued hard work for this blessing, even though I may not be the easiest patient sometimes!

5. Dr. Saunders - Many people do not realize that I went to counseling (after much hesitation) after our 2 miscarriages. Dr. Adcock & Logan suggested (more like insisted) I attend at least a few sessions. I thought going to a counselor made you weak & I absolutely hate talking to someone about my feelings. Counseling is the total opposite. Dr. Saunders is at a Christian clinic which makes it faith-based. Thank you for all your guidance, prayers, & analogies over the last several months. I definitely know that I was not an easy patient but I can, without a doubt, say I would not be where I am now if it were not for you.

6. Friends - You know who you are. You have prayed continuously for our family. God is good! Prayers are powerful.


Baby Green is due October 20, 2012! We, of course, found out very early along that we were pregnant. Yes, it makes for a long pregnancy. I was placed on progesterone hormones 2x/day which will continue until we're 12 wks. With Stryker, I was only a little nauseated at night during my first trimester. With this baby, I am nauseated all day & all night. The nurses contribute my intense sickness (could be a lot worse) to the extra hormones. Logan has been shocked that I'm not complaining, but I look at it this way...if I'm sick, then things are progressing as they should. I'm just happy to be pregnant! At 16 wks, we'll begin progesterone (mixed with 2 other drugs) shots weekly. This will be to help prevent premature labor since I was 30 wks along with Stryker when I went into labor. I was also placed on restrictions that are still in place - no heavy lifting, no strenuous activity. Therefore, I haven't been exercising, carrying Stryker. Well, not much of anything. This is okay with me. We just want to do everything that we can possibly do for this baby. Now that the word is out, I'll be keeping you updated!


Adcock performed this ultrasound at 8 wks & 2 days (he always types something on the screen). He typed "Hi momma and daddy" on this one. With Stryker, he typed "Fore" because of golf.


This was our most recent ultrasound (March 13th) at 8 wks & 3 days! He/she has a very strong heartbeat! God is great!!! We see the doctor again on Monday, March 26th (10 wks & 2 days). Can't wait to see our baby again. Logan & I don't care what this baby is as long as it's healthy. But Stryker has his mind made up that it's a girl. When we ask him if baby will be a boy, he says no. When we ask him if baby will be a girl, he says yeah. Whenever I'm sick, he'll give me a hug & pat on my back while saying baby girl. Maybe he knows something we don't.

1 comment:

  1. Stryker is already such a good big brother. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete