Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God Bless America - 2011

Fourth of July Weekend


This past weekend was busy, yet full of meaningful memories. It began with my wonderful boss who surprised me with a day off on Monday (well, I didn't ask off because Logan supposedly had to work; but when Logan found out that he was off, I quickly informed my boss that if she needed anyone off that I would love to volunteer). Thank you Lord for a great place for my career with caring co-workers (not just because I got off on Monday)! Anyway...


Logan worked Saturday, but I took Stryker to Birmingham. We picked up Fletch's birthday gift, Fletch kept Stryker (yes, by himself!!) for an hour while I completed an evaluation for the home health company, visited Coco at work, ate lunch with daddy at Chick-fil-a, shopped for a table/chair set for Stryker, & ended with a dinner (Logan, me, Stryker, Coco, & Fletch) at Outback in Fultondale for Fletch's birthday. Happy Birthday Fletch!! He received a recliner from Coco & a Cracker Barrel gift card from us so he can enjoy many breakfasts.


Sunday morning was filled with praising the Lord at Desperation Church in Cullman. Our neighbors attended the service with us. This is our new church home. Stryker loves the church nursery allowing us to learn. Words cannot express the ethusiasm the preacher conveys in his life for our Lord; therefore, I encourage everyone to try this church. You will never be the same! You will find yourself on fire for God! After church, it was grocery shopping & picking up the BBQ from Porky's in Fultondale. There was a great turnout: Logan, me, Stryker, Coco, Fletch, grandmomma, Big Daddy, Christian, Aunt Tolli, Aunt Sheila, Isabella, Uncle Cody, Hunter, Austin, & Hunter's girlfriend. We had a family cookout at our house. Everyone enjoyed the yummy food (BBQ ribs/meat, buns, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, baked beans, fruit, Coco's famous chocolate cake, & homemade peach ice cream). We ate on the back patio due to a thunderstorm which at least cooled things off, watched Stryker play & grab everyone's attention, & swam in the pool. It was a great family event! We look forward to many more get-togethers.


Monday was nice to wake up as a family & have an extra day together. We spent the morning playing with Stryker & letting him eat at his new table. Such a big boy! A trip to Lowe's in a thunderstorm to buy plywood & paint for our back patio, spray paint for our mailbox, big garbage can, & storage bags for clothes occupied our late morning. I was able to organize all of Stryker's outgrown clothes which had been shoved into a closet & group into sizes for the storage bags. I even labeled the bags with what each contains! Logan & I also gathered more "things" for the garage sale this Saturday. A cookout at our neighbors' house that afternoon/night completed our weekend. Hope everyone's weekend was as meaningful as ours.




Morning bath


eating at his big boy table after church


running in the yard


trying to spray mom


who can I dump this water on?!


in the pool with Isabella



having fun in the sprinkler; perfect gift from Coco



spraying Fletch & Aunt Sheila



Aunt Sheila running through the sprinkler



Fletch & Stryker spraying each other


loves making homemade ice cream with Coco


All the guys lounging under the tent


Mom & Stryker in the pool


Look, I'm swimming!


"I got this, mom!"


learning to kick


he'll be ready for swim lessons soon


our little water baby


Isabella & Stryker






































No comments:

Post a Comment