Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Green: 14 wks & 3 days

We've made it 14 complete weeks pregnant!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. - Psalm 106:1

Our last doctor's appointment was Tuesday (April 24th). Anxious & worry consumed my thoughts over the days leading up to the appointment. The Bible verse below is something I would repeat numerous times a day to calm my fear of what might happen on Tuesday. 

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:34

Logan & I rode together to the hospital with my hand gripping his, not saying much, & wanting the next hour or two to come fast. I read my Bible on my phone to keep me calm in the waiting room (well, as much as possible). We were called back for the routine check-up that consists of urine test, weight, temperature, & describing any problems. Logan & I were both hoping for an ultrasound to confirm that all was well with Baby Green but unfortunately we'll have to wait a few more weeks. A nurse led us to a room where she asked me to lie down in order to check the heartbeat. Logan stood beside me while the doppler head was placed on my tummy. The nurse asked if we had successfully heard the heart last visit. We gladly said yes & informed her we were only 10 weeks along at the time! She began remembering I carried our first child low & knew she would find the heartbeat lower than normal. After several minutes (I'm sure it might have only been 1-2 minutes), I started to panic looking at Logan's face as well as the uncertain expression of the nurse. She attempted to calm our fears by explaining that it can take several minutes to find the heartbeat depending on the location of baby & made sure that we would have an ultrasound if she wasn't able to find it quickly. I began closing my eyes praying for patience/comfort when I asked the nurse to try lower on my abdomen. She agreed & was able to successfully find baby's heartbeat!! A strong 167! (For those of you who are automatically thinking it's a girl because of the fast heart rate, think again - Stryker's was high as well). Thank you Lord! She allowed us to listen for several minutes to relax as she  told us to inform future nurses how extremely low I carry my children. You would think with my long torso that I wouldn't have that problem. Stryker didn't have much room & I guess this baby won't either! Can't treat our children different, right?! Dr. Adcock entered the room moments later to let us know how wonderful the pregnancy is progressing. He removed my restrictions with the understanding of staying smart. Plan of care: May 8th appointment to discuss beginning & learning how to administer our weekly shots to hopefully prevent premature labor (say a prayer that Logan will be able to administer them), May 29th appointment for the gender ultrasound! It's nice to know your doctor personally. It made me realize that he was not concerned about another miscarriage at this point since he was able to shoot the bull with us for a few minutes. We're very thankful for his knowledge & aggressive treatment during this pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment