Sunday, August 21, 2011

Busy Sunday

playing with daddy at the baby shower


prayer walk


it was hot


dancing to the music



playing the drums with daddy


I'm starting to get sleepy


he has lost his little baby look :(




Today was a busy, fun-filled Sunday. Typically, Sundays are a day of rest (as much as possible) since this is Logan's only off-day. But, today was different in all areas. Waking this morning brought the worst nausea (morning sickness) yet. Not a good feeling when I was excited about our plans. Logan, being the compassionate husband that he is, kept reassuring me that it was okay to feel bad & offered to let me rest while he cared for Stryker. It was frustrating because this was the first time I didn't feel up to doing anything. With my stubborness, I slowly got ready for church while Logan was able to get himself & Stryker ready. We headed off to church with ginger ale in hand. Eating 2 doughnuts at church helped somewhat but quickly wore off. The message was amazing as usual! I was able to bury my nausea thoughts away during the worship music & the message but immediately asked Logan for some food on our way home. For some reason, Taco Bell sounded yummy. I know, right?! When we arrived home, Logan put Stryker down for a nap & insisted that I do the same. I told him I would be fine, but my body did need a nap! Stryker & I slept for a solid 1 1/2 hour! We woke up to find Logan had slaved in the garage getting it completely organized. Now, there's enough room for the Tahoe to fit. Such a hard working husband. We headed out the door again for a baby shower. Our friends, Andrew & Trista Wolverton, are expecting their first child in early October. It was great being able to attend as a family & see them again. Unfortunately, we weren't able to stay the whole time due to a prior church committment. We drove back to Cullman for a prayer walk/worship service at Desperation Church. Our pastor spoke of 7 areas (family, government, media, entertainment, education, church) that the devil can attack us & wanted to pray in those areas. Our family decided to join the "family" category of during the prayer walk. We felt most passionate about that particular area. Afterwards, we enjoyed worship music inside the church. Stryker joined us instead of going to the nursery. He loved the music & even wanted to dance, clap, & raise his little hand in the air. Praise Jesus! What an awesome family experience!





loving the music




saying "bye bye" on the way home - love that sweet little voice



No comments:

Post a Comment