Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You gotta read these books!

Reading books is definitely not a priority to me. I contribute this to having to read so much in respiratory therapy & physical therapy school. But, I must say, there have been two books that I feel everyone should read. 90 Minutes in Heaven (read this book couple of years ago) & Heaven is for Real (read couple of weeks ago). The first book took awhile for me to read because it involves a preacher who was in a car wreck & experienced Heaven for 90 minutes. It brought so many memories on my car accident. On 4-25-05, I was in a single car accident on my way home from a respiratory clinical in Birmingham. I prayed to God to allow me to see my mom again before plowing into a hill just feet away from a big drop-off. I was air lifted to UAB's trauma unit where only 3 pelvic fractures were noted. The second book was an amazing read. You get the experience from a child. God talks about us being children. I think sometimes we need to get back to that humble feeling in our faith like we had when we were children. If you're not excited about getting to Heaven in the future, then this book is for you. A feeling of comfort overwhelms you while reading this book on your eternal life. Please read these books & enjoy!

90 Minutes in Heaven
Don Piper with Cecil Murphey

Heaven is for Real
Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment