Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where's my helmet?


"Where's my helmet?" was the question behind Stryker's look. Today, we had an answered prayer, which came as a complete shock. Stryker had another follow-up visit with Hanger regarding his helmet. From last appointment's results, the helmet was to remain in place for at least another 2 months. Stryker & I sat there while Todd took measurements. Did I just hear Todd say we're finished? No, it couldn't be. I quickly asked for clarification to which Todd answered, "Stryker's head shape has improved > 50%. Getting a result > 50% is excellent & what we strive for. Stryker's skull is now harder than when the helmet was prescribed. Y'all can buy another helmet but more improvement is not guaranteed." I was in complete shock but also ecstatic! Praise the Lord! I asked Todd for a few minutes so I could call Logan. I wanted us to discuss this & make sure we were in agreement. After telling Logan, he too was speechless for a few moments then expressed the same excitement. Oh how we longed for this day. We could actually kiss & rub our little boy's head anytime! Stryker felt differently as Todd set his helmet over to the side. Stryker kept reaching for it. Guess, we'll take it home & let him play with it. At least, he's not wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment