Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


God has blessed me with a little miracle almost 3 months ago. Now, it's my first Mother's Day! Being a mother is one of the most meaningful roles that a woman can play in life. I have always been a daughter of a mother who taught me what it means to sacrifice so much for her children. Now, it's my turn to be a mother. I have high expectations of myself. Each & every day I strive to better the day before. Logan & Stryker made my first Mother's Day so special. The morning started off with all of us playing & talking in our bed. Logan gave me cards from both of them which included a present: gift card to Dick's sporting goods to pick out new tennis shoes & running outfit! Perfect gift! Later that morning, Stryker gave me something that I never expected. He said "momma" twice! What an amazing feeling to hear your child say your name. My heart just melted. We spent the afternoon looking at houses since the weather was a little chilly. Logan wanted this to be my day so I chose to make homemade sandwiches. It was nice spending time not going anywhere. Coco & Fletch ate with us. Coco gave me a card from her, a card from Stryker (she let Stryker hold a pen with her help & make marks for his signature), coffee table/end table, & a running outfit. Thank you for a wonderful, fun-filled Mother's Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment